Lightning Object Creator
What is Lightning Object Creator?
- The Lightning Object Creator is a simple point-and-click tool designed to make an admin’s life easier: take a spreadsheet, and turn it into a brand new object – fields and all – with just a few clicks!
- Lightning Object Creator is a new platform service that boosts productivity by allowing any employee to quickly turn spreadsheets — such as Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets, Quip Spreadsheets, and comma-separated value (.csv) files — into modern, cloud-based apps with just a few clicks.
How To Create Lightning Object Creator? Follow the below steps:
Step 1: Create Object from Spreadsheet
In Lightning, go to Setup → Object Manager → Create.
You will see that the Create button now features a drop-down arrow. We want to click on the “Create Object from Spreadsheet” option.
Step 2: Choose The Instance Type
Choose the instance type that you will be creating the object in.
Step 3: Select Spreadsheet Location
Now we need to select the location of the spreadsheet.
As you can see you have 3 options, your desktop, which will accept .csv or .xlsx; you can pull from Google Sheets, or you can pull from OneDrive (Office365).
Step 4: Define Object Screen
- This is allowing you to select whether you want the Field Names to be the names from the Column Headers, or if you want to manually configure the Field Names.
- Use this to tell the Creator which row contains the Column Headers.
- This selection allows you to decide whether to import the data simultaneously, or to wait and handle that later.
- This drop-down allows you to either let Salesforce decide the Record name or you can use one of the Column Headers as the Record name.
- If you have a lot of rows and some of them do not get mapped (see the green checkmark on the far left side of the table), then you can use the Hide mapped fields checkbox to get down to just the rows that are not mapped.
- This allows you to toggle the view you are in. In the screenshot above, I am in the list view – in the screenshot below, you can see what it looks like in the data view.
- This is the actual table of the mappings of your columns to their respective names and data types – make sure you review this before proceeding.
Step 5: Configure The Object Name
Click on the Next button in the right-hand corner. This will take you to the next screen which allows you to configure the name of the object.
Step 6: Advanced Settings
Check out the Advanced Settings options for things like reporting and activity creation
Step 7: Finishing Touches
Click Finish. The Lightning Object Creator will then go through the process of creating everything for you.