What Is A Report?
A report is a list of records(like accounts or contacts) which must meet the criteria you defined in that. Various things you can do on report is filter, Group and math on records. There are benefits of using Report because it is stored in a folder. Report folders determine who can access the report because they can be shared in public, hidden or shared. You have the power to give access to organizations or it can be private at individual levels.
Limitations of Report :
- In Salesforce Classic, you can have a maximum 250 groups or 4,000 values in a chart. If an error message comes saying that your chart has too many groups or values to plot,then to reduce the number you have to adjust the report filters.
- In Lightning Experience, a report chart can have at most 2000 groups. If a report has more than 2000 groups, the action ‘Combine Small Groups into Others’ applies only to the small groups within the 2000 that are included in the report chart. Any additional small groups are ignored.
- Reports display a maximum of 2,000 rows. Export the report to Excel or use the printable view for tabular and summary reports to view more rows . For joined reports, the printable view displays a maximum of 20,000 rows. Printable view is only available in Salesforce Classic.
- Summary reports (grouped by rows) and matrix reports (grouped by columns) display the first 2,000 groupings when Show Details is disabled.
- Matrix reports display a maximum of 400,000 summarized values.
- Matrix reports that return more than 2,000 rows don’t show details. If you click Show Details, nothing happens. You can only view the report with details hidden.
- Because a matrix report includes multiple groupings, the maximum of 2000 values is typically reported in fewer than 2000 groups.
- Matrix reports display a maximum of 2,000 groupings in the vertical axis when Show Details is disabled. If there are more than 400,000 summarized values, rows are removed until the 2,000 groupings limit is met. Then columns are removed until the number of summarized values moves below 400,000.
- The report builder preview shows a maximum of 20 rows for summary reports (grouped by rows) and matrix reports (grouped by columns), and 50 rows for tabular reports (no groupings).
- Up to five metrics display in the Lightning Experience report header. Metrics such as summarized fields appear in the order that they appear in the report, left to right. The grand total, when shown, always displays.
- When viewed in the Salesforce mobile app, reports that have groupings are converted to tabular reports.
- A maximum of 25 report columns is supported by the Salesforce mobile app.
- By default, reports timeout after 10 minutes.
- Each block can have up to 100 columns in a joined report.A joined report can have up to 5 blocks.
- You can add up to 10 custom summary formulas to each block in a joined report. A joined report can have a total of 50 custom summary formulas.
- When you add a block to a joined report and the block has multiple entities in common with the report, only the first entity (in alphabetical order) is shown. Only the fields from the first entity are shown in the common fields area.
- Each joined report can have up to 10 cross-block custom summary formulas.
- In a non-joined report, if you click a bar in a report chart, the report results are filtered according to the selected bar. In a joined report, clicking a bar doesn’t apply the filter.
- If you filter on standard long text area fields, such as Description or Solution Details, only the first 1000 characters of the field are searched for matches in reports.
- Some filters (such as date range) are constructed using multiple custom filters, each of which counts towards the total of 20.
- Field-to-field filtering isn’t available on currency fields for orgs that have multi-currency enabled.
- The first 999 characters in a standard rich text area or a long text area are displayed in a report. For custom fields, only the first 255 characters are displayed.
- Up to 21-digits can be displayed by summary fields on tabular, summary, and matrix reports.
- Reports can’t be filtered on custom long text area fields.
- Joined reports require that the new user interface theme is enabled. Users without the new theme are unable to create, edit, or run joined reports.
- In Lightning Experience, embedded report charts display the source report table’s groupings, not the report chart’s. In Salesforce Classic, embedded report charts display the source report chart’s grouping, not the report table’s groupings.
- Forecast reports include only opportunities that are set to close within the forecast period, except those assigned to the Omitted forecast category.
- Joined Reports does not support Internet Explorer 6.
- Acceptable range for values: The maximum value allowed is 999999999999999. The minimum value allowed is -99999999999999.
- Up to 500 individual recipients can be added.
- Users sometimes don’t receive the updated report if a role or group contains more than 500 users.
- Maximum of 5 reports can be subscribed by each person in org.
What Is A Dashboard?
A dashboard is a displaying records in virtual form. There is a relation between a dashboard component and report in the form of ration i.e.1:1. It means for each dashboard component there has to be a single report. Similar to reports, we have dashboards stored in folders, which determines who can access the dashboard. There are Dynamic dashboards which are useful for users who are always logged in.
Limitations of Dashboard:
- A dashboard table or chart can display a maximum of 20 photos.
- A dashboard filter can have up to 50 values.
- Each dashboard can have up to 20 components.
- You cannot apply filter on bucket fields. However, you can use a report filtered on a bucket field on the dashboard page.
- You have to wait at least one minute between dashboard refreshes.
- Up to 500 individual recipients can be added. A recipient is a user, role, or group.
- If a role or group contains more than 500 users, some users don’t receive the updated dashboard.
- Filtering is restricted in some dashboards that contain multiple components based on different report types:
- You can’t filter the dashboard on the Case Owner or Lead Owner field if a dashboard has a component based on Cases or Leads and another component based on a different report type. In addition, filtering on other Owner fields doesn’t display Case Owner or Lead Owner as equivalent fields.
- If a dashboard has a component based on the Tasks and Events, Activities with Accounts, or Activities with Contacts report type and another component based on a different report type, you can’t filter the dashboard on the Assigned field.
- Downloaded and shared images of dashboard component tables have a maximum height of 3000 pixels or approximately 100 rows. Extra rows beyond the limit are clipped. To avoid clipping, filter the chart to fewer than 100 rows.
- The total value isn’t included in subscription emails for funnel charts.
- File attachments for report subscriptions are limited to 15,000 rows, 30 columns, and 3 MB file size. Extra data is clipped or not sent.
- Maximum of 5 dashboards can be subscribed by each person in your org.