Introduction to Slack :
- Slack is the #1 communication platform for business thanks to how intuitive and seamless it is to connect team members in every industry.
- Features like search, shared channels, apps and integrations, and pinned items make it the go-to option for teams around the world.The Slackforce integration is not new, there have been a number of updates adding more functionalities throughout the years.
- What hasn’t changed is the fact that there are two apps that connect them together: the Slack app for Salesforce and the Salesforce app for Slack.
What is Slack ?
- Slack is a team communication and team collaboration software designed to make business communication much simpler.
- To put it more simply, imagine that having all of your team’s communications in one location, easily searchable and accessible from anywhere like all of your messages have been sent, any of your documents, as well as other programs and services; Everything at one place.Phone calls, video conferences, and screen sharing are all possible with Slack.
- The design is adaptable. At any time, for any reason, channels can indeed be formed and disabled. Channels can be reached and exited at any time.
- You may build threads inside channels to help coordinate numerous discussions going on at the same time.
- Slack is beneficial for any company or business that works with remote teams, either you work from home or an office or another part of the world.
- You may also include clients, existing customers, or prospects in various discussions with teammates.
Features and functionalities of Slack
- A channel is where you’ll locate the records, individuals, documents, and resources you’ll need to finish your project.
- Different networks may indeed be built for various reasons, such as tasks, teams, or categories, to keep things coordinated. There are two types of channels; public and private.
- Slack enables users to build their customized bots entities to converse and give commands through the chat feature.
- These robots can indeed be configured to monitor expenditures, record concerns, and submit meeting updates, among other things
Shared files :
- Inside your Slack channels, you can exchange files in actual environments.
- You may leave a comment on a particular file and receive immediate suggestions.
Voice Calls :
- Despite your Slack plan, Slack has a constructed calling functionality which you can use to contact any one of your colleagues via personal message.
- Calling from either a channel or direct community message, on the other hand, is only possible if you have a paid Slack plan.
Search Bar :
- Slack’s advanced search feature is perhaps one of the most appealing functionality. Your team will quickly locate old messages and documents in the application by using the search function.
- They can refine their searches by defining the message or file’s stream, team member, or date. They can also scan the details of files that have been uploaded.
- Slack discussions can be organized using threads. In channels and personal messages, teammates and participants will start conversation threads.
- You can use threads to separate discussions so that the main chat view isn’t cluttered. You may also choose to follow or unfollow threads based on whether you want to be informed of new responses or events.
How to Integrate Slack with Salesforce :
- The first step of Slack-Salesforce integration is to install the Salesforce app to your Slack account
- In the search box, search for Salesforce.
- Click on the Add button under Salesforce.
- This will take you to the Slack app directory page of the Salesforce app. Click on Add to Slack to start the installation process.
- You will be routed to another dedicated page for Slack’s Salesforce app.
- When you scroll down this page, you’ll see the Salesforce app’s installation button under Step 1. Click Add to Slack under step 1 to proceed.
- Grant the necessary permissions to complete your app installation by clicking Allow.
- The Salesforce app is now installed on your Slack account, and you can see it listed under the Apps heading in your Slack workspace.
- InstaSign into your Salesforce account.
- Click on the menu icon and go to the App section.ll
- The Slack App To Salesforce.
- Search for Slack in the search box.
- Click Get Now on the bottom right.
- You will now be required to sign in to your account once again. Click Open Login Screen.
- Click Install Here under “Install in This Org.”
- Accept the terms and proceed with the installation by clicking Confirm and Install.
- Choose the best option for you and click Install.
- Connect Your Slack And Salesforce Accounts
- Go to your Slack workspace and click on the Salesforce icon in the Apps section.
- In the Salesforce chat window, click on Connect Account under the heading that says “Connect your Salesforce account.”
- Click Allow to accept any permission requests by Slack.
- Salesforce app will also ask for your permission to allow Slack to access your account.
How is Salesforce Slack Integration beneficial for your business?
Get Timely Updates :
- On Slack, all sales and customer service reps will be able to access personalized updates in real-time.
- This ensures they won’t have to take time away from their jobs to log into yet another system to stay informed.
- The team has far more flexibility and day to concentrate on critical tasks thanks to the simplified communication & collaboration networks.
Easy Coordination :
- Your employees could also use slack channel rights to optimize business activities with slack salesforce integration.
- Once you map Salesforce CRM to your preferred Slack channel, everyone in that channel can interpret and respond to the messages.
- You’ll be capable of communicating with several other teammates outside of a customer-facing Slack conversation with salesforce slack integration to guarantee you have the right response to anyone who approaches your company or business.
Easy File Access and Sharing :
- Employees can browse for and review all Salesforce documents associated with clients they are managing, prospects, or new cases without requiring existing slack channels using the Slack Salesforce integration.
- It’s simple to hook in teammates as all you have to do is label them in Slack, and they’ll get all the information they need.
Easy Quote Management :
- When a quote or suggestion is received for review, denied, or accepted, sales operations, administrative, and management departments will be excited.
- Employees say that they spend hours, although not days, a month reviewing to see if opportunities have been accepted and, if not, what needs to be changed.
- They will now get this data front and center in their Slack inbox thanks to Salesforce Slack integration. Furthermore, you will respond to these alerts to modify salesforce CRM records immediately.
Easy to Prioritize Tasks :
- Businesses who use Salesforce CRM to manage their customer onboarding phase will now receive all of their Salesforce next measures and assignments in Slack, allowing them to prioritize and operate on them right away.
- With the salesforce slack integration, Slack will become a part of your daily process and give you useful information about forthcoming tasks without you having to leave your slack space
Automates Daily Tasks :
- Salesforce slack Integration allows you to simplify routine tasks with ease. This reduces workload, improves performance, and reduces the chance of mistakes.
- Emails, voicemails, call logging, lead prioritization, appointment scheduling, and other routine activities can be standardized