What is Totango and Features
Totango is the only independent customer success platform to manage customer relationships with complex account hierarchies and multiple products.
Totango helps your organization deliver better business results in weeks. Not months.
Spark – Totango Spark is the enterprise customer success solution designed to help your team achieve their goals. Actively monitor all customer health signals and proactively engage at scale, resulting in focused, proactive customer success teams, increased productivity, and a lower churn rate.
Segments provide quick access to account information with a focus on Timeline, Progress, or Work-related aspects of the accounts in a segment. The grouped Progress view gives you the overall picture of the account in a segment.
Reports let you visualize and understand trends over time, monitor fluctuations, and track segment changes.
– Make sure you have Totango & Salesforce users with administrative privileges.
– You must have a Salesforce Enterprise or Unlimited edition license.
- A single Totango instance can connect to a single Salesforce instance using the Salesforce App.
- Multiple Totango instances cannot be connected to the same Salesforce instance.
Integration Salesforce with Totango: –
Configuring an OAuth Connected App in Salesforce:
You Just need to follow the below steps in salesforce:
In Lightning view:
- Click on the setting gear icon button and launch the setup.
- Then under find box write App Manager then click on App Manager.
- Ander the App Manager top right corner click on New Connect App Link.
- Choose a name for the application. Totango recommends something like the Totango oAuth application.
- Enter the contact email information, for the resource within your organization who will be responsible for any maintenance of this application. This information is specific to your organization.
- Select “Enable OAuth Settings.”
- Input the following Callback URLs: https://app.totango.com/auth/das/callbac https://app.totango.com/auth/connector/callback
- From the Available OAuth Scopes select: “Full access (full)” “Perform requests on your behalf at any time.
- Make sure “Secret for Web Server Flow” is check marked
- Make sure “Configure ID Token” is check marked
- Input “120” in the Token Valid for the box.
- Click Save.
Important Note about OAuth Scopes
- When this Application is authenticated with Totango it requires an SFDC user to perform the handshake. These settings represent the permissions that the application has to perform on behalf of said user. If you wish to control which objects/permissions this application will have: you can do that by altering the profile that the user, that will authenticate this app, belongs to.
Once you have completed these instructions you will see the page above: Note the Consumer Key and Consumer Secret you will need those for configuration of Totango. You can always get back to this screen and get those by navigating to:
- In the Salesforce Lightning view, go to Setup | Tools | Apps | App Manager | choose “View” from the drop-down menu to the right (do not click Edit or Manage).
Important note, it might take 2-10 minutes before your new connected app is created on the Salesforce server.
After Creating the Successfully auth connection app in salesforce you will receive the customer key and client secret it will be used in totango for connection.
Now Create a CRM Connector to Salesforce in Totango
Go to your Totango instance and click on Global Settings > Data Management > Customer Data Hub > find the CRM source filtering connectors and select salesforce.
After the Salesforce connected app is created, create the connection in Totango.
Enter the connection name and description, client id, client secret, and select the Salesforce environment type (production or sandbox), then click the “Test and Save connection” to connect using your OAuth credentials.
Note, the OAuth user holds the object permissions to your Salesforce. Totango recommends creating a dedicated user for this integration which has the desired object access permissions (for example, the dedicated OAuth user can access the Account object but not the Contact object).
Configuring Salesforce Connection Objects Accordingly:
After that need to click on Integrations inside the (+) button then below image will populate:
Here you can create an Account, Opportunity, and Contact or any custom and standard object as a user and any collection object as you required.
NOTE: Users and Account attribute you can edit and sync accordingly as you want like salesforce to totango and totango to salesforce.
And If you want to create any object as a collection in totango and collection can’t be editable and sync-able in Totango to Salesforce because collection attributes are read-only so unable to edit.
Important NOTE: Only those record ids which We want to sync should return those 18-digit id else it will return blank so that it won’t sync. (ID which is decided to your business use-case).
Salesforce Sync Feature Overview:
The ability to sync any object attributes from Salesforce to Totango allows a Totango admin user to configure the salesforce integration to automatically sync useful information from the contact record in Salesforce to the user record in Totango. This feature allows you to add attributes to an existing user in Totango, as well as to create new users in Totango who have not yet had any usage activity.
With this integration you are able to:
- Sync object record from Salesforce to Totango
- Sync object records from Totango to Salesforce
- Determine which attributes should sync with each object
The below images show how to Sync SF Object with Totango:
Sync Salesforce Account Object in Totango: –
NOTE: Only those record ids which We want to sync should return those 18-digit id else it will return blank so that it won’t sync. (ID which is decided to your business use-case).
After Mapping and adding all the fields as required for syncing you just need to click on the Validate Mapping button to ensure all the mapping is correctly mapped like in the above image. Then click on the save button and start syncing.
Sync Salesforce Opportunity Object in Totango: –
You just need to add a filter in like below image for Opportunity or any custom object:
After Mapping and adding all the fields as required for syncing you just need to click on the Validate Mapping button to ensure all the mapping is correctly mapped. Then click on the save button and start syncing.
Sync Salesforce Contact Object in Totango (Totango consider Contact as User): –
- Sync user from Salesforce to Totango
- Sync user from Totango to Salesforce
- Determine which contact attributes should sync with each other user
NOTE: – In the above image show field called Account_Unique_Id__c this is the account id which is created by SF formula as per the business use-case and used CASESAFEID(Id) and CASESAFEID return 18-character id because 18 character Id required in totango
Now after mapping and adding all the fields as required for syncing you just need to click on the Validate Mapping button to ensure all the mapping is correctly mapped or not.
Then click on the save button and start syncing.
Sync Salesforce Opportunity Line Item Object as Collection in Totango: –
- Collection attributes are read-only.
- Syncing not possible Totango to salesforce.
- Collections are non-editable.