Action Plan : Action Plans helps your organization encapsulate best practices into easily sharable, reusable task templates.
WHAT IS ACTION PLAN ?
· An action plan is a run-time instance of the template that allows you to automate the sequence of the tasks you defined in the template.You generate an action plan from the template for each engagement.
WHY TO USE action plans IN SALESFORCE ?
· Action Plans allow you to capture repeatable tasks and then automate the task sequences—improving collaboration and productivity.
· Using action plans, a team can automatically assign task owners and deadlines for specific client engagements.
· Action plans also make it easy to create reports and dashboards, so you can monitor progress and ensure compliance.
WHAT DOES action plan DO ?
· Action Plan is an open Source software, and it is an unmanaged package. It helps to create a series of tasks on various objects. Since it is an unmanaged package, you can customize according to the business needs.
· An action plan, on the other hand, is a run-time instance of the template that allows you to automate the sequence of the tasks you defined in the template. You generate an action plan from the template for each engagement.
·When an action plan starts, users see the tasks assigned to them through the standard Salesforce task lists and views. Users record task status information using the standard interfaces for tasks or other items, or the Action Plans details view. Target records, such as accounts or contacts, also show lists of related action plans.
- · Export and share your Action Plan Templates with other orgs.
- · Import Action Plan Templates.
- · Supports Task reminder times.
- · Action Plans Settings controls behavior around Chatter Notifications, actions when a Lead is converted, and default Task assignment behavior
- · Invocable Apex allows automatic Action Plan creation from a Template in Process Builder and Flow.