Egnyte is a software company that provides a cloud platform for enterprise file synchronization and sharing  as well as content and data governance for business customers. It offers storage, collaboration, and sharing capabilities using a cloud infrastructure, and users can access files from on-premises and cloud environments.
The Egnyte Content Services Platform emphasizes specific areas of enterprise content management:
- Content governance
- Content intelligence
- Remote working
- Cloud storage
- Comparison of file synchronization software
- Content management
- File sharing
- Hybrid cloud
- On-premises software
Features of Egnyte App :
- Data Security
- Regulatory Compliance
- Business Process
- Platform APIs
- User Access
- Lifecycle Management
Egnyte for Salesforce makes it easy to access and share business files in Salesforce with no limits to storage capacity or file size.You can easily upload files such as datasheets, videos, and presentations from within your agents’ Salesforce portals.Access rules are enforced consistently, whether users access files in Salesforce or directly through Egnyte.
Key Features and Considerations:
- Collaborate with team members, even if they are not Salesforce users.
- Organize files using folders and sub-folders within the Salesforce hierarchy.
- Supports Leads, Cases, Accounts, Contacts, and Opportunities, Campaigns as well as any custom Salesforce objects.
- Files progress when leads are converted to opportunities through the sales pipeline.
- Notes & Attachments in Salesforce can automatically be uploaded to corresponding record folders in Egnyte.
- Admins can create folder / sub-folder templates for new Leads, Cases, Accounts, Contacts, Opportunities, Campaigns, or custom Salesforce objects.
The Salesforce integration is only available for:
- Customers using Salesforce Group, Professional, Enterprise, or Unlimited editions.
- Customers who have purchased Salesforce Integration licenses for their employee users.
- Your Administrators and Power Users (employees). The integration is not available for Standard Users except for the Salesforce communities feature.
How it Works:
You’ll see an Egnyte window in the page layout of any objects you have chosen to integrate with (e.g., leads, accounts, etc). Integrating with an object’s page layout involves adding the Egnyte Canvas App to the page layout.
Once a record is linked with Egnyte, the content associated with it will be accessible through any Egnyte access point (Web UI, mobile apps, Desktop App, etc). Finally, Egnyte’s integration follows the standard Salesforce flow when converting leads to opportunities. Any files you’ve attached to a lead will be copied to the corresponding folder of the opportunity, or the parent account if you choose not to create an opportunity.
Salesforce Classic :
- Scroll down until you see the Egnyte section. You may need to expand it by clicking on the arrow next to it.
Add My Egnyte tab in Salesforce Classic :
- Click the plus (+) icon and select customize My Tabs.
2. Select My Egnyte from the Available Tabs list, click the Add icon, and Save.
Salesforce Lightning Experience :
- Click on the Details tab.
- Scroll down to the Egnyte section and expand it.
The widget uses an embedded view of Egnyte’s web interface that allows all the actions that our Web UI allows (drag and drop, creating upload links, managing folder permissions, etc.).
AAdd My Egnyte tab in Salesforce Lightning Experience
- Click the App Launcher icon.
2. Type My Egnyte in the search bar and click My Egnyte under All Items.
Once you visit a record page with the Egnyte embedded view, a folder will be created in Egnyte and the record will automatically be linked to the folder.
The folder will be available in Egnyte under the Salesforce.com folder in your shared directory. Any content you add through Egnyte will appear at the record level in Salesforce.